Caramel Apple Cake
This cake tastes like a caramel apple. Crunchy apples. Soft cake. Gooey caramel. Topped with Cool Whip and peanuts.
Caramel Apple Pudding Cake
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix, divided (save out 1 -2 Tbsp dry mix)
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 jar (12.25 oz.) caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Dry Roasted Peanuts
Pre-heat solar oven while preparing cake.
Toss apples with 1 – 2 Tbsp. cake mix. Prepare cake batter with remaining cake mix as directed on package; pour into 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with apples.
Beat dry pudding mixes, milk, 3/4 cup caramel topping and water with whisk 2 min.; drizzle over apples. Place in solar oven.
Bake cake uncovered 2 1/2 to 3 hours until golden brown. Cool 20 min. (Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.)
Whisk remaining caramel topping and COOL WHIP until well blended.
Spoon over cake slices just before serving; top with nuts.